COTE D’IVOIRE, LIBERIA, SIERRA LEONE, GUINEA
Interconnection Project (CLSG)
ID No. – P113266
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST ASSIGNMENT TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (ITO) (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Credit No. : 5110-LR
EOI Ref No. CS-17-11/GMO
Date of publication: 21/12/2016;
Submission deadline: 12/01/2017.
The International Development Association (IDA) granted to the Government of Liberia global financing of One Hundred and forty four million and five hundred thousand dollars ($144,500,000) for the implementation of the Interconnection Project Côte d'Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra -Leone, Guinea (CLSG). Part of this amount is to be used to finance the following contract: Recruitment of One (1) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (ITO).
Under the technical supervision of TRANSCO CLSG’s Head of Communication, the IT Officer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of the entire IT system of the company which comprises network management, software development and database administration. He/She will also work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to arrive at the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems, as well as manage the documentation and disaster recovery systems.
The duration of the assignment is for Twelve (12) months renewable if satisfactory performance.
The services to be provided shall include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
Design and implement the Information and Communications Technology (ITC) policy aspects of TRANSCO CLSG work program.
Plan and implement IT related projects, particularly those concerning the strengthening of ICT policy capacities of the company and develop appropriate ICT policy to enhance e-readiness status of TRANSCO CLSG portals
The IT technical support officer will monitor and maintain the computer systems and network of TRANSCO CLSG. He/she may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems at Headquarters and Country offices as well as Field offices across the CLSG countries.
Conduct Regular test and update of the Disaster Recovery system.
Provide content management supports and website update activities
Ability to create, design and maintain website, social media portals and make periodic report based on available statistics
Assist in the development and maintenance of a Documentation Management System.
Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
Support the roll-out of new applications;
Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues;
Test and evaluate new technology that benefits TRANSCO CLSG;
Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment, data system, and other network infrastructure
TRANSCO CLSG now invites eligible applicants ("Individual Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the services described above. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services, including CVs, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc..
The requirements are:
• A first-level university degree with seven (7) years' work experience in a similar role or an advanced university degree in one of the following subject areas (information and communications technology or disaster management) with three (3) years relevant work experience. Proof of experience in practical disaster management issues, will be a plus;
• Technical knowledge of and experience with a wide variety of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or disaster management strategies and tools;
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; proven technical knowledge of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) policy and practical; experience with a variety of ICT and disaster management strategies and tools; ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks in disaster management, and ability to communicate clearly the links between the TRANSCO CLSG’s strategy and the -ICT policy;
• Efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Take ownership of all assignments and honor commitments; deliver outputs within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operate in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; support subordinates, provide oversight and take responsibility for the delegated assignments;
• Coach, mentor, motivate and encourage good performance; actively support development and career aspirations of subordinates and appraise their performances fairly.
• Ability to identify key issues and problems from complex situation; to present pros and cons and impact of decisions prior to making them;
• Familiarity with asset management and a variety of software including finance and accounting, document tracking, procurement software, among others;
• Address computer hardware and software issues as well as Server maintenance;
• Sound grasp of network installation including Local Area Network, Wifi, etc;
• Sound knowledge of network phone system (PBX, VoiP,etc);
• Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff, and clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with people of different nationals and cultural background with respect for diversity.
• Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries;
• Perform other duties as will be assigned by the General Manager;
• Proficiency in English or/and French (Read, write, speak) with a good knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of both is an advantage.
The attention of interested individual consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the "World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under the IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grant" (January 2011, Revised July 2014) setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROCUREMENT/Resources/Consultant GLs English Final Jan2011 Revised July1 2014.pdf
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and Credit and IDA Grant"(January 2011, Revised July 2014). http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROCUREMENT/Resources/Consultant GLs English Final Jan2011 Revised July1 2014.pdf
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM during working days. Or can be obtained upon request, by writing an email to: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 5:00 PM GMT on January 12, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The address referred to above is:
The General Manager
Cocody II Plateaux, Angré 7e Tranche
28 BP 633, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
E-mail: email@example.com, and copied: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel : +225 22 50 34 80/ 87 67 29 95 / Fax : +225 22 50 34 85